I’m a foodie and with mobile apps like Scoutmob, Groupon Now and Living Social, it’s easy to explore Atlanta. With the addition of food trucks you would think Atlanta was a desirable location for foodies. However, the city didn’t even make the top 20 list of Travel + Leisure’s America’s Best Cities For Foodies list in 2011. However when it comes to drinking boy are we high up there! Here are my top five places in Atlanta for Happy Hour and why. The list isn’t in any particular order.
1. Ra Sushi: I LOVE sushi and when it comes to an after work to beat the traffic type of restaurant Ra Sushi has it plus some of the best patios for people watching. They are one of the rare places that include food and bar beverages at a discounted price.
2. Brio: Boy of boy! This is one of my favs and surprisingly many people don’t know about their “At the bar only” happy hour menu that starts at 4pm. Brio on a regular day has amazing food but for only $2.95 they are HIGH up on my list. Try the Spicy Shrimp & Eggplant or the Roasted Garlic, Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Yummm….Thank me later.
3. Legal Seafood: Yep, you read that right. Legal Seafood in downtown Atlanta has a surprisingly affordable menu complete with $3.50 Sliders and a $6.00 Raw Bar Sampler.
4. Red Sky Tapas: For those that live within the perimeter this isn’t the closest restaurant but it is well worth the drive. I love Red Sky Tapas, as a matter of fact I think I’ll go tomorrow for the dueling pianos, but I digress. Their menu is already reasonably priced but from 4pm-7pm it’s a gold mine! Check out their menu and makes sure you say hi to Scott for me!
5. Gordon Biersch: I like Gordon Biersch for several reasons. For one, they have pool tables and a killer menu that lasts from 4pm until late night. Two, they offer vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options and they create their own beers (FTW!) and Three, I always meet some great folks at the bar.
As I look over my list, I’m just as surprised as you are but the food is amazing at all of the above and a few creative cocktails at a discounted rate don’t hurt either. What are a few of your favorites spots around Atlanta?
Cheers to good eats at a discounted rate!